A Rodéo Girl's Guide to Throwing a Killer Party
No one celebrates a birthday like Rodéo does! On November 5th friends and family joined us to celebrate Rodéo's 10th Birthday and make a big announcement. She's growing up so fast! We turned the store into a funky party venue with a DJ, cocktail bar, food tables and lots of glitter. Guests sipped cocktails as they shopped and laughed. A few customers commented on shopping and drinking being a deadly combo, but there were no complaints when they left the store with full purple bags! Customers expressed their thanks and congratulations to Shanna for creating a store with such distinct character and excellent inventory.
The night was such a hit that we wanted to share our secret formula for throwing a killer party with YOU!
1. It's hard to party on an empty stomach. That's why we had Gourmet Girls cater our party. 10 years in business calls for splurging! Whether you're hitting up Pinterest for recipes or getting your event catered, your food must be delicious looking and tasting! It's the little details that make your food a topic of conversation instead of just what you're shoving in your mouth between conversations. The gold leaf on our birthday cake and hand-painted macaroons stole the show!
2. Bring back the old school party accessories! Party hats and party horns aren't just for little kid's parties anymore. And of course...glitter! Not only does it make for a great photo op, but you'll find that guests get just as excited for these accessories as little kids do. We never really grow up! Come into the store to find a great selection of confetti, balloons, party hats and banners.
3. Cater your bar to the season. With cold weather approaching we decided to whip up a Spiced Apple Cocktail and Cranberry Spritzer. It was hard to pass on refills with these delicious cocktails. Don't forget the essentials though- always have beer and wine on hand for the old souls. It is easy to make your bar a center piece with fun straws, banners and innovative displays (like our pears).
4. Pick an unexpected decoration to steal the show. Brandee Sandusky (remember her from pumpkin painting?) helped us with some amazing chalk art in front of the store. It grabbed our guest's attention from the moment they walked in. Not to mention, it appeared in many SnapChat stories that night!
5. It's all about who you invite. At the end of the day we had such a spectacular night because everyone we loved was in one place. Believe it or not, your guest list is more important than your playlist. With a fun crowd, all the details will fade into the background.
Many old Rodéo Girls joined us to celebrate. Once a Rodéo Girl, always a Rodéo Girl!
6. Always have a surprise in store! It can be anything from whipping out old pictures to bringing out an unexpected guest. For our surprise we made a big announcement...in Spring 2016 we will be launching Rodéo Online!!! If you moved away or you're just an avid online shopper, you will be able to shop Rodéo from the comfort of your home. We can't think of a better birthday present! Head to rodeoboutique.com to sign up for more details!
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us! You made our night so special! We are unbelievably grateful for all of the support from you, our customers! We cannot wait for the adventures to come with our online store...stay tuned!
-xo The Rodéo Girls
Photography by Julep Studio
Catering by Gourmet Girls
Chalk Art by Brandee Sandusky